Thursday, July 12, 2012

Opus 502 - Lissa

Since I posted about the kids' birthday, I want to take a moment and talk about each kid. I'll start with

Lissa


Here are some of my favorite things about Lissa:

* She is such a sweetheart. She has some of the sweetest little hugs - I love Lissa hugs!
* Lissa is quite good at math. I can ask her questions like, "We had 8 cookies, then ate 3. How many are left?" and she can figure it out in a heartbeat. Sometimes she uses her fingers, but many times she does it in her head.
* She LOVES to build things with blocks and Lego's.
* Lissa is my little helper in the kitchen. She loves to help me cook. She is also quite the little mooch. Every time she helps I hear a lot of, "Can I try that Mama?"
* She loves to help almost everywhere. She is definitely Mommy's little helper. She loves to fold laundry, help me clean and organize, ... she's such a great kid!
* She has the most adorable face when she's telling me something serious - which is often. She takes things VERY seriously and some times her serious little face cracks me up.
* She is quite concerned about everyone else. She wants to make sure everyone is okay. She is quite the little mother.
* Lissa is our little mischievous girl. Whenever the kids are in to mischief, I can almost guarantee that Lissa came up with the idea. She even has the perfect mischievous laugh!
* Lissa loves to sing, but she doesn't like to do it alone if she thinks you're listening. She also doesn't like to sing on command. She'll sing when she's ready to sing :)  I love watching her sing in Primary. She didn't sing there for the longest time - she told me she didn't want to sing until she knew the words. Now that she's learning the songs, she sings more often. However, she doesn't always like to stand up or do the silly actions. Which brings me to...
* Lissa is an independent woman. She does what she wants, when she wants, and doesn't like to be told what to do. She is just like her Mama (and Grandma... and Great-Grandma). That doesn't mean she doesn't listen to us - she actually does pretty well when we ask her to do things (since she loves to help). But, if it's something that doesn't matter as much like, "Lissa, will you sing this song for me?" she probably won't do it.
* She can play independently quite well. Most of the kids in the neighborhood are boys so Lissa ends up having to decide if she wants to play with the boys or by herself. Often, she chooses to play by herself. Usually, she plays happily, although there are some times when she does complain that she wants a girl to play with.
* Lissa knows all of the sounds of her letters and is figuring out how they go together. She is also getting good at figuring out what words rhyme.
* Lissa loves to find patterns.
* She is getting quite good at coloring (staying in the lines and stuff). She's also getting good at cutting.
* Lissa is not a morning person. If I would let her, she would happily stay up late every night and sleep in as late as possible. I don't let her, but occasionally there is an night where she can't fall asleep so she plays in her room.
* Lissa loves to dance. She dances all over the house like a little ballerina.

I love my little Lissa girl! I can't even put into words how very happy I am that I am her Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter