Saturday, February 7, 2009

Opus 116 - Update

It's been awhile since I've posted, so here's a little update...

Joshua has finally stopped coughing. The poor kid had a cough the entire month of January. Once he was put on antibiotics he got better quickly. He's been going to Physical Therapy to help with his neck (he doesn't rotate is all of the way and has a slight crick to the right). He hates doing the stretches - cries the big alligator tears - and isn't too fond of going to the therapist, but he's getting better and we're proud of him.

Lissa is definitely crawling now. It's the Army crawl and she doesn't move too fast, but she's moving. She is so much happier now that she can get where she wants. She and Joshua are fighting a bit less and I think it's directly related to Lissa's ability to get away from Joshua :) Lissa has already started crawling on her hands and knees a little. Joshua seems quite content to do the Army crawl - I can't blame him, he's amazingly fast.






Joshua has mastered pulling himself up to a standing position pretty much anywhere with any surface. He has almost perfected getting himself back down too (that's my favorite part). Now that Lissa can get around, she is starting to show interest in pulling herself up to a standing position.



The kids are eating like champions; especially Joshua - that kid is never full! We have been teaching them sign for a couple of months and they are doing well. Joshua is particularly good at signing "more," which isn't surprising considering the first sentence of this paragraph! LOL!

Mom Smith and I took the kids to get their eyes checked. Both kids' eyes are great. I was really glad to hear that since it's not uncommon for preemies to have vision problems. Yeah kiddos!

Both Lissa and Joshua seem to have a sock fetish. They love to pull their (or each other's) socks off and chew on them. Silly gooses.



They are still champion sleepers. Seriously, I'm so lucky when it comes to sleeping kids. They have been sleeping through the night since they were three months. When I stay sleeping through the night, I mean going down at 8:00 p.m. and getting up at 8:00 a.m. They do wake up a little before 8:00 sometimes, but they're content to play in their cribs until I get them. They're also napping 2-3 times a day. Some days they don't nap so well, but they usually do okay. Most days I really can't complain about heir sleeping habits.


(this picture is only here because I think Lissa looks so dang cute and I wanted to share!)

1 comment:

  1. They are getting so big now, it's fun to see their progress!! You and I both have lucked out big time in the sleep dept. especially for twins!! Glad they are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter