Monday, May 4, 2009

Opus 159 - The Horror! The Horror!*

It's been a few days, so the trauma has passed enough that I think I can post this...

The other day, I went into the nursery to get the kids after their afternoon nap. As I walked in, I noticed Joshua's pants on the floor... nothing new. Then I noticed his diaper next to his pants. What?? Then I looked at Joshua. He was COVERED into poop - head to toe. His crib was COVERED in poop. It took a few seconds for everything to register (although it felt like several minutes), then the sheer horror of the situation hit me. Ew, ew, ew!!! Then I just laughed. What else can you do?

After calling Jason to find out how soon he'd be home (only a few minutes away, thank goodness!), I changed into an old shirt, put the bath seat in the tub, put several toys in Lissa's crib, then went to pick up Joshua. Of course he reaches up his hand ready to embrace me. No!! I carried him to the crib as fast as I could; holding as little of him as possible. I then proceeded to spray him off. Jason got home just as I finished getting the poop off of Joshua so he helped me clean out the tub so we could give Joshua a real bath. I then attacked the crib, walls, and mattress. I think I used an entire container of Clorox wipes. Thank goodness for Clorox wipes!

Lissa was such an angel during all of this. She played happily in her crib until it was her turn to take a bath (if we were gonna bathe one kid, we might as well bathe the other). Joshua, on the other hand, did not like playing in Lissa's crib while Jason bathed Lissa and I cleaned Joshua's crib. I tried to explain that it was his fault, but he just didn't understand :)

Now Joshua has the cleanest crib in the county.

I think this whole episode was a fluke. He's never tried to take off his diaper before, so I think one of the tabs got caught on his pants when he was taking them off and the diaper just came off. Here's hoping. I've heard many stories of kids who do this regularly. If it happens again, I suppose we'll have to worry about it.

One of the first things Jason asked me when he came home was, "Did you take a picture?" No!! I just got the kid to the bathtub as quickly as possible! Jason did have me take pictures of the crib before I cleaned it. So here's your warning - the following pictures are graphic!


























*Name that book



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter