Friday, December 4, 2009

Opus 258 - Christmas Goodies

The kids and I put together a gingerbread house on Wednesday. I say "put together" because it was one of those pre-made kits. Lissa and Joshua LOVED putting the candy on. It was quite an adventure and our house doesn't look very pretty, but at least the kids had fun :)

Notice the missing wall and crooked roof. I had a very difficult time holding the walls and roof in place, while simultaneously trying to keep two 1-year olds from knocking them down.






Last night and this afternoon we made some sugar cookies. Lissa and Joshua got to decorate them. Since sprinkles were the easiest thing for them to do and since we only have green sprinkles, every cookie, no matter the shape, has green sprinkles :) Once again, they aren't beautiful, but the kids had a blast.

(Yes, those are cars. Do you really think I could make cookies and
NOT make some shaped like cars??)

2 comments:

  1. The house looks great! You are a fun mom to attempt that with two little ones!

    I know that my sister has found some Lightning McQueen sets from Mega Bloks, at Toys R Us. Maybe you could check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks just like our first gingerbread house! With the caved in wall and everything. That's awesome. My kid will say the best part is in the eating though.

    ReplyDelete

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter