Sunday, July 10, 2011

Opus 449 - Toy Reorganization


One Saturday I walked into the living room to find this:


Complete Disaster! I took a picture with my phone, posted it to Facebook, and said something about needing a basement. That led to some discussions with a friend of mine about how to get the toys out of our living room. We have a third bedroom, but it's used for storage and technically a guest room (when we can find it) for Aunt Lissa, my parents, and other visitors. I have never put toys in the kids' room because I don't want to add that temptation during nap/night time. But then it hit me: clean out the closet, put the toys in there, and lock the doors when they need to be sleeping. Why this inspiration has never come sooner, I don't know :) Within a couple of hours we had everything reorganized. The kids' closet now looks like this:


Playing in their room for the first time:



And the best part - Our living room now looks like this:


We left a very few toys downstairs and the kids still bring down some toys sometimes, but we only let them bring a few at a time so it is very manageable. I love it!



4 comments:

  1. Good job Emily! It looks great. That was our solution too, and at night all the toys that had migrated downstairs had to be taken back up. We need to have you guys over to play in our basement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! We'd love to play in your basement! We'll try to contain our jealousy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guest room?!? I thought it was my room which guests may use when I'm not around. Isn't that what Joshua says?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Lissa. Yes, the kids refer to the extra room as Aunt Lissa's room :)

    ReplyDelete

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter