One of the Christmas presents we gave Lissa is doll bed with quite a history. It originally belonged to my mom's Aunt Betty (Elizabeth). She gave it to my mom, who gave it me, and now I've given it to Lissa. It's finally with an Elizabeth again :) Jason, his dad, and I spent some time (over the course of two days) sanding it and painting it. I really like how it turned how. I'm grateful for the help Jason's dad gave us!
My mom also sent us two Cabbage Patch Preemie dolls. One was the doll I had played with as a little girl. The other was a brand new doll, purchased in the 80's, but had never been opened. My mom probably could have made a pretty penny off of it, but we gave it to Joshua instead (it's a boy). In reality, Lissa plays with both dolls, but Joshua likes knowing that he has one too :)
The doll bed and preemie Christmas morning:
Here are both babies in the doll bed. The beautiful blankets were made by a dear friend of mine, Pam Tucker, and given to the kids when they were babies. She was my Primary president and Young Women's president. I am so glad that we have been able to stay in touch and that my babies get to play with blankets she made for them. They are very special to me.
Lissa playing with her babies. Two interesting things to point out in this picture: 1. Lissa also got a Rapunzel doll for Christmas that she LOVES. Uncle Matt scored some huge points with that one :) 2. Lissa is dressing the babies in the preemie clothes that she and Joshua wore in the NICU. It's very special to watch the kids play with those clothes. Sadly, the clothes fit the dolls better than they fit the kids when they were little. The dolls are shorter, so the length doesn't fit as well, but they are definitely chubbier than Lissa and Joshua were.
Lissa and most of her dolls/stuff animals (the preemies are, of course, in their bed). She is all girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment