Saturday, February 18, 2012

Opus 489 - Happy New Year!


My cousin Lon gave us a great idea for celebrating New Year's this year. We bought some bubble wrap, laid it on our kitchen floor and let the kids jump to their hearts' content. They had a blast and didn't even know that they were celebrating 4 hours earlier than everyone else :)

We also had our traditional Root Beer Floats before sending the kids to bed. The next day, we invited Aunt Emily and Uncle Robert over for Baked Alaska.*

Check out the air Joshua was getting!





*No fire this time. Two years ago, we had a fire in the oven while making the Baked Alaska. I had made an apple pie earlier and some of it had dripped on the oven floor. I didn't notice it until it caught fire while making the Baked Alaska (you bake it at a very high temperature). I was smart this year - I ran the self-cleaning cycle on the oven on Saturday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter