Okay, this is the last post today, I promise :)
I just have to tell you guys how much I love my baby monitor. I have heard people say a monitor isn't the best thing to have because your baby won't learn to sleep through the night if you're running into his/her room every time you hear a cry. I can understand how that could be a big problem. Fortunately, that's not why I use my monitor.
Here's what I love about my monitor:
1. I love listening to the kids fall asleep. It is soooo cute to hear them talking to each other and giggling as they finally fall asleep.
2. I love listening to the kids wake up. Usually one kid will wake up and you'll hear him/her chatting to him/herself for awhile. Then that kid gets bored and you can hear him/her start to work on waking up the other kid. So funny and so cute.
3. I love that I have a warning as to when I'll need to go get them. They can hang out in there for awhile after they wake up, so it's nice to hear the first noises so I can make sure I finish what I'm doing on time to get them. I never race to their room as soon as they make noises - I let them play for awhile first.
4. I really like that my kids don't ever have to scream at the top of their lungs after they wake up so I know they're awake.
5. I REALLY like that I could easily hear their coughs and then hear them begin to breath again after a coughing fit when they were going through RSV. I only had to sleep in their room once when they were going through RSV (and that was just because I was having a maternal moment and really felt I needed to be there - I could hear just as well from our room with the monitor).
6. I like that I really and truly know how much sleep they have gotten with each nap since I can hear when they fall asleep and wake up. I can plan the rest of my day around how well they have slept and I know when they'll need a third nap (yes, they still take at least two, and many days three, naps a day and sleep 12 hours at night).
Thank you monitor!
No comments:
Post a Comment