Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Opus 230 - Nanny Kate Rocks!

I have to say that having a nanny just plain rocks. Seriously, it's awesome. We decided to go with a nanny for several reasons: 1) the kids are able to stay home, where they are comfortable and can stay on schedule 2) we don't have to get a second car until the weather gets colder since Jason doesn't have to drive the kids to daycare - this gives us a little more time to save up (Jason drives a scooter to work, but will need a second car once it gets cold since I drive the minivan at work) 3) frankly, it's just a lot less complicated and much easier to have someone come here instead of having to pack up kids and all of their gear to go to daycare 4) the price is incredibly reasonable compared to the daycares we looked at (seriously, pretty much the exact same).

Nanny Kate* has worked two days now and it has been great. The kids have really warmed up to her and seem to enjoy being with her. Lissa, who has been clingy lately, even hugged Kate goodbye the day she came over to meet them. They give her hugs at the end of the day and like to watch her from the window as she leaves. Oh, and they eat like champions with her.

You know what else I love about Nanny Kate? She cleans! I don't just mean cleans up after the kids, I mean CLEANS! The first day I came home to a freshly vacuumed carpet and a clean kitchen (she even cleaned the window sill... I don't even want to think about the last time I did that; it's so hard to reach!). Today the downstairs bathroom was clean, the nursery was dusted and organized, and the laundry room was the cleanest I've seen it in ages! It was completely reorganized and I can actually *get* to the washer without climbing over the toolbox! I'm in heaven. Really, heaven.

Thank you Nanny Kate, we love you!

Oh, by the way, yes I'm surviving school. It's been very crazy trying to put a band program together in such a short time, but it's happening. There's been so much to do administratively, I feel more like a secretary than a band director right now, but we start playing on Friday so that'll be nice. Friday also happens to be the day of the first football game and yes, we're playing. Let's just say that I'm a little nervous that I'll hear my students for the first time on the same day they're performing in a very public place. We have to learn some pep band tunes on the same day we're performing day. Eek! We're going to play VERY easy songs that the older kids played last year. Only four - Hey Baby, Louie Louie (I HATE that song but it's easy and they played it last year), the Fight Song, and the School Song (Who has a fight song AND a school song? They're both fast, peppy songs too. Interesting). Wish us luck!


*I have a cousin who's daughter's name is Kate. She comes over for playdates so the kids know her well. We call her Cousin Kate, so now we have Nanny Kate too. (Got to keep those Kate's straight!)

1 comment:

  1. She sounds like a dream! I'm glad that the kids like her too. I think that I need a nanny Kate. I can't keep my house clean and I'm home all day. Time to get cleaning!

    ReplyDelete

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter