During this time they were sitting on the kitchen floor playing with their water sippies and a Rubbermaid container. They were turning their sippies upside down and pushing them on the lid so a little water would come out. Then they'd rub their fingers on the lid in order to make a squeak and they'd laugh and do it over again. They were playing happily so I started working on other "very important" things (like checking the weather forecast for the next ten days in order to find out how freezing cold it's going to be during 6:00 a.m. marching band rehearsals). The kids were laughing and laughing and I was working away ("It's going to be 30-what degrees??? I'm gonna die!") when I decided to take a look at the kids. Upon my glance in their direction I discovered that they were wet. Not just a little wet, but quite wet. Apparently Joshua had banged his sippy enough to cause the valve to fall out, thus creating a gush of water that was now on the kitchen floor. The kids were splashing away and having a grand time. Lissa was also putting her hands in the water and wiping it on her face and feet (I guess she thinks she needs a bath?). When I walked over to survey the damage I could only laugh; oh, and take a picture of course! Seriously, they crack me up... winter coats and all.
But wait, this story isn't over yet. Since it was about time for bed I took the kids upstairs to dry them off and put on their PJ's. After I took Lissa's clothes off and dried her off, she began slapping her chest like Tarzan. That got Joshua going again. He was laughing so hard he could barely stand up. So, of course, once I got Joshua undressed and dried off, what did he do? That's right, he slapped his chest like Tarzan. Monkey see, monkey do. So there they were, running around their room in diapers, slapping their chests, and laughing like crazy.
Goofballs :)
They are ADORABLE!!!
ReplyDelete