Sunday, March 28, 2010

Opus 293 - No Church!

Ever since I went to St. George for a few days at the beginning of February, Lissa has not enjoyed being left places without me. She cries any time I leave her at a friend's house so I can go to a school function and she cries every time we go to Church. I think she's crying because she knows she'll be going to nursery and she knows Mama won't be going with her. She loves nursery. She cries and cries when we leave her, but she settles down quickly and has a great time. But, the drama still happens each Sunday. It begins as soon as she sees me packing. It continues as we put on her dress... "No Church! No Church!" As we get into the car to drive to Church, Lissa cries, "No Church! No Church!" As we walk into the church, she cries, "No Church! No Church!" The best part is during Sacrament meeting: She knows that when we sing the closing hymn she'll be going to nursery. She just hasn't quite figured out which hymn is the closing hymn. So any time the organ begins to play Lissa starts crying, "No Church! No Church!" (I think she only associates nursery with the word "church.") It's actually somewhat comical to hear her crying "No Church!" loud enough for anyone within 5-6 rows to hear. I wonder how long this stage will last...

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for keeping a sense of humor about it! Kids certainly keep you on your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 4 year old still complains when we start putting on the Sunday clothes! I'm glad Lissa enjoys class once she gets there! If there's a solution for the 'no-complaining' I think it would spread through the world like wild fire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny - I think the same thing but people look at me weird when I start crying "No church!" ;)

    ReplyDelete

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter