Friday, August 27, 2010

Opus 357 - 1-2-3 Magic

The kids have started to have some discipline problems lately (getting close to 3, I suppose), especially during the day with Daddy. They pretty much don't listen to him. We've heard some good things about 1-2-3 Magic, so we checked the book out of the library and decided to give it a try. It's only been a day, so I can't tell you if it's totally worked or not, but we did have a pretty entertaining moment with Joshua. To understand it, you first need to know that the system basically works like this: When a kid is doing something they shouldn't and you ask them to stop, but they won't, you say, "That's one," wait a few seconds, "That's two," wait a few seconds and (if they still haven't stopped), "That's three, take two" and put them in a 2 minute time out (1 minute for each year of life).

Both kids got to experience this several times yesterday. After he had already experienced it (for other things), Joshua was banging his Lightning McQueen on the blinds. I asked him to stop. He kept going so I said, "That's one." Joshua replied, "That's one" then he groaned (a huge groan - as if giving up in defeat) and said with a sigh, "All done." I found it so entertaining that I'm still chuckling just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter