The story of the Wii...
Jason started asking for a Wii after we played on Joel and Karen's at Smith Family Dinner. Being the wonderfully nice wife I am, I immediately rejected the idea :) Then I was in the doctor's office flipping through a magazine when I came across an article talking about the potential health benefits of certain Wii games. The article was all about stay-at-home moms who had lost weight and improved their fitness level by playing some of the games on the Wii. Hmmm... interesting.
I considered getting Jason a Wii for his birthday, but I still wasn't fully sold on the idea of a Wii, mostly because of the price. We never get each other crazy expensive gifts like that for birthdays. Then the thought came to me that I'd be playing on the Wii as much as Jason, so it'd really be my birthday present as well. Okay, sold. I got us a Wii. I didn't tell Jason about it. I wrapped it up when it came and then convinced him to open his present a week early because I was too excited - LOL.
Jason was VERY excited to see it and we really have enjoyed playing it. Someday I want to get Wii Fit, but until then we're enjoying the few games we have. They do have a little fitness section in Wii sports where you can test your "fitness age." I've done it three times so far - the first time I was 44 (yikes!), the next time 37, and today I was 33. Maybe next time I'll be younger than I actually am!
Anyway, it's great family fun. I highly recommend it :)
Love it. Ooh add Wii fit to your Christmas list! :)
ReplyDeleteTry Playground...the dodgeball game will WORK you. We were SO SORE after playing that a bit. Not to mention, you get to chuck balls at each other and laugh your heads off. Very fun!
ReplyDeleteWe love the Wii! Rick came home with Rock Band on Wednesday night and I laughed my head off.....I have absolutely NO coordination with a 'drum set' and the bass drum, plus to add singing to it. HOLY COW, it was way too much. My percussion skills have slided a bit too much!!! Of course Rick gets on and does an amazing job! Oh well, it is a lot of fun and definitely an AWESOME investment though. I hear Wii Playground is a lot of fun for exercise and little kids. Not that Joshua and Lissa are ready to play YET!!!! BTW-Love their Pics, especially the ones in sepia. So darling.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for Tiger Woods '08 to come! I too want more games but will have to wait! Darn it!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are more than welcome to borrow our Wii Fit for a trial run if you want. We love it and so do our kids. I find it way more fun than an aerobics video or anything like that. We also have other games if you want to try something new. Just give us a call...
ReplyDelete