Friday, November 21, 2008

Opus 87 - The Babies' Latest Achievements

Lissa and Joshua have been working hard to catch up developmentally. They are now master sitters.



Joshua is getting faster and faster at crawling. I find him in the strangest places now. I'm so glad I already had the gates up that keep him in the living room! By far, Joshua's favorite place to go is under the exersaucer. He loves to put toys under it then go after them. It's even more fun for him if Lissa is there. She doesn't seem to mind.


Because he hasn't mastered backing up, he has managed to get himself caught in a few corners.


Both babies LOVE to play in the exersaucer. It has been one of our best purchases. Actually, we used a few Target gift cards to get it. So if you gave us a Target gift card, you helped purchase the exersaucer and we are VERY grateful! Those kids just love to play with the toys on it. They also love bouncing up and down. So cute.


(Name that show - and be specific... Who is playing?)




Lissa is very jealous of Joshua's crawling. Seriously, I've never seen a 9 month old so jealous! We have been practicing crawling with her and she's made some progress. She gets up on her hands and knees quite well. Unfortunatley, she then proceeds to push herself backwards. She has figured out that she moves a little when she turns in circles, so she uses that skill with the moving backwards to get around. She doesn't move far and the progress is slow, but she seems quite proud of herself :) Lissa has also become a real fan of books.



Joshua has figured out how to clap. He now loves to clap. Sometimes he even makes a noise that almost sounds like "yeah."



Joshua also is getting his first tooth. We thought he had a molar coming in about a month ago - there was a white, hard spot back there, but it disappeared. I guess that's not all that unusual. Anyway, his real first tooth (bottom front) has broken through. Go Joshua!

Lissa has decided Joshua is the funniest kid ever. It's so fun to listen to her "napping." She lays in her crib and just giggles and giggles. I assume she's laughing at something Joshua is doing, but I suppose she could just be giggling at herself. Silly kid.

1 comment:

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter