If you're looking for some good, really good, Christmas music, here are my favorites:
(Instead of listing my favorite Christmas songs - a list that would be eternally long and boring to read - I've listed my favorite Christmas albums.)

A Celebration of Christmas - BYU Choirs and Orchestras

Harry For The Holidays - Harry Connick, Jr.

Sing, Choirs of Angels - Mormon Tablernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square

This Is Christmas - Mormon Tablernacle Choir

The Wonder of Christmas - Mormon Tablernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square

Spirit Of The Season - Mormon Tablernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square with Sissel
I'm sure you can tell that I love the MoTab and OTS. I've always liked the MoTab, but I became a much bigger fan when Mack Wilberg started working with them and when they created OTS (Orchestra at Temple Square). Mack is amazing. My favorite thing to do each year is go to the MoTab/OTS Christmas Concert. It is always so amazing! Tickets aren't easy to get and I'm so glad we were able to get them again this year! This year's concert features Brian Stokes Mitchell and Edward Herrmann (http://www.lds.org/events/info/0,8197,726-1-679,00.html). I can't wait!
I love the Harry Connick, Jr. album too. I asked for one (not sure if it was that album or not) for Christmas one year and Chris couldn't find it so he thought he'd find something close and got me Donny Osmond. Um, not anywhere close to the same but okay. I'm still pining for the Harry Connick, Jr. one! Glad to see it's on your list too!
ReplyDeleteBrian Stokes Mitchell performed at the Capitol Fourth fireworks this past year. He was amazing! I love his voice. I bet he will sound fantastic singing Christmas songs. I'm jealous!
ReplyDelete