As I begin this story, you first need to know that Sage is a wimp. I know, that's mean, but it's true...
Jason, Lissa, and Joshua were all in the living room while I was in the dining room working on some things. Things seemed pretty calm in there, but then I heard Joshua making his "I'm going to get you" noises followed by a whimper from the cat. I look in to see that Joshua has cornered the cat up against the gate separating the two rooms. The cat is MUCH faster than Joshua and could have easily removed herself from the situation. But she was afraid of Joshua and couldn't seem to will herself away. Yes, that's right, my cat was too afraid to move. Fortunately, I came to her rescue by moving Joshua away and letting the cat into the other room.*
So this morning Joshua was playing in the living room again as Sage came down the stairs. I wish you could have seen how gingerly and carefully she moved passed Joshua. She would not take her eyes off of him and was cowering and she sneaked by.
*Sage isn't able to jump over the gates because she's too big - 16 pounds to be exact. We realize that she's very large and we've put her on two veterinarian supervised (and expensive) diets, but she gained weight both times so now we just let her eat when and how much she wants and she maintains her weight. We figure maintaining is better than gaining.
Okay you know I don't like cats, but this story I couldn't help but bust up over! Classic! Joshua will take care of her. he he
ReplyDelete