My friend Sonja called me last Saturday asking if I wanted to play some Christmas hymns with other horn players for a live Nativity in Alpine. I haven't played in a group (no matter how small) since before the twins were born so I thought it'd be fun. There is a family that puts on a live Nativity with camels, donkeys, and everything. It's pretty neat. While Jason and Aunt Lissa took the kids through to see everything, I played Christmas hymns with five other horn players.* In college we (several horn players) used to meet at the HFAC and play hymns. I have lots of fond memories of those times. Playing at this Nativity brought back many of those memories. The kids were good and we enjoyed some yummy hot chocolate (see my earlier post on that one) before heading home.
Joshua was in a crazy good mood when we got home. This video captures it beautifully:
Here are some pics of the kids all decked out for a cold night out**:

*We were playing in the loft of the barn. The loft was heated and had a small kitchen, huge TV, pool table, couches, and tables and chairs. It was awesome. I could live there... seriously, I think the loft had more square footage than my townhouse :) LOL
**I'm sure you've noticed that my children play with Propel bottles. They love Propel bottles, what can I say?
No comments:
Post a Comment