I'm addicted. Yep, that's right, I'm addicted. "To what?" you may ask. Well, I'll tell you... hot chocolate. I love hot chocolate. I really, really love hot chocolate. I love it so much that I used to drink it in Arizona where it's just not cold enough for hot chocolate (I'd have ice water after the hot chocolate to cool off).
I'm pretty picky about my hot chocolate too. The cheap-o stuff doesn't work for me. I've gotta have the good stuff. Stephens is good, but my very favorite hot chocolate is a recipe my Mom got while we lived in Arkansas.* It's so milky and wonderful! She used to make a huge batch of it every winter when we lived in Indiana. In order to make it last the whole winter we each could only have one cup of hot chocolate a day. Oh, did I ever savor my daily dose of hot chocolate!
It's quite simple to make: Mix 16 ounces of any hot chocolate powder (generic does just fine), 11 ounces of instant creamer (you can change things up by getting different flavors if you want), 16 ounces of powdered sugar, and an 8 quart box of powdered milk. Once you've mixed it up, add 1/4-1/3 cup of it to a cup of hot water and you've got yourself some yummy hot chocolate.
*I remember a time in college when a friend of mine and I kept "arguing" over who had a better hot chocolate recipe only to discover our mothers had both received the recipe from the same person in Arkansas (our families lived there at the same time and were/still are friends). LOL!
I knew that's what you were going to say!! So funny! I still think of your mom's hot chocolate and remember scooping it out of a bucket(?) to have some.
ReplyDeleteSo funny! You know me too well! Yes, it was a big bucket that we made the hot chocolate in. I loved to reach in with the big spoon and mix it up. I wish I had space for one of those. I make several smaller batches instead :)
ReplyDeleteI love hot chocolate too! I would drink hot chocolate in the summer (not often, but on ocassion) in Phoenix. I drink it year round here in Utah. :) Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'll have to try it.
ReplyDeleteI guessed your addiction before you said it, too. LOL I remember the HUGE bucket/container you had in our apt. I have to say...that WAS really good hot chocolate. I'm glad I have the recipe now!
ReplyDelete