Friday, July 3, 2009

Opus 204 - Sidewalk of Fire!

We just got back from our neighborhood's 5th Annual Sidewalk of Fire. So much fun. We weren't sure how the kids would handle the noise (they did great last year, but they were very little), however they had a great time. Joshua especially enjoyed watching everything. He was entranced. Both kids happily ate up their first popsicle (thus the orange around their mouths) and liked playing with their first glow stick... until mean old mommy took it away because they wanted to eat said glow stick... :) Overall I'd say this was another successful trip with the kids!

Oh yeah, the best part was the surprise visit from the fire truck. Rumor has it that they were doing their rounds, trying to make sure everyone is being safe, and saw our very large gathering (had to be over a hundred) so they decided to check it out. Apparently they said something like it was the best set up for a neighborhood fireworks show they'd seen (okay, this is all hearsay so I really don't know exactly how it was said). I did notice that they stayed until the end. I don't know if that was to make sure we were being safe or just to watch the awesome show :)

The Grand Finale

The only good picture I got of Joshua smiling and clapping and there's
Lissa's little hand reaching for the camera... Sweet little goober.

Check out the orange popsicle mess:

"Hey look Mommy! A glow stick!"

"Whoa! Check out those fireworks!"
"Yay fireworks!!" (Notice how Lissa isn't quite as excited -
she decided it was time to go right as the finale was starting)

Okay, I tried several times to get a picture of the fire truck,
but my camera was being dumb, so this will have to do:

PS
We also went to the Provo Freedom Days fair earlier today, but alas, I forgot my camera again, so no pics :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter