Thursday, July 23, 2009

Opus 221 - Craziness

Since Jason is on a new work schedule, I now put the kids to bed by myself. It hasn't been too bad since it's not much different from nap time. Yes, there is the brushing of the teeth, story reading, and clothes changing, but we've managed to make it work.

Last night I decided to try bathing the kids by myself at the same time. I've never tried this before. The only times I've bathed the kids by myself I've put one in a crib with toys, bathed the other, then switched. Thinking it would be faster, I tried bathing them together. What an adventure!

Since we weren't using the bath seat, they discovered that they can stand in the tub. So here I am trying to bath one kid, while getting the other to sit down... as soon as I get one kid down, the other stands, and it continues over and over and over. I finally got the kids clean, emptied the water, put the toys away (the kids were terrific at helping; very sweet), and pulled the kids out of the tub.

Naturally, as soon as I wrapped a towel around Joshua and turned to take Lissa out of the tub, Joshua threw off his towel and started running to his room. When I finally got both kids into their room I had to keep running after them to get their diapers on (picture two naked kids running around their room while their Mommy tries to catch them, holding two diapers). The race continued as I put on their lotion and PJs. Even while it happened I could see the humor in the situation. At least the kids had a blast. I don't think they ever stopped smiling!

I think I'm going back to the old system next time. It seems to take longer, but I'm not nearly as tired, and I'm not running the risk of having two kids peeing on the carpet :)

Ah, the adventures of bathing two one year olds...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter