Easter weekend was great. Aunt Lissa came to visit and it was Conference Weekend, so we had a great time relaxing and enjoying each other. The kids got to participate in three Easter egg hunts this year - one with our ward, one at home, and one at Grandma and Grandpa's. They've really got the hang of the hunting for eggs thing now :)
We only remembered to take pictures of the hunt we had at home:
Aunt Lissa is so good at getting these kids to smile for pictures!!
The kids still have no idea what candy is. They've had a little before, but they still don't know that those little yummy things they've had is called candy and they don't get the whole gotta-have-candy thing. After each hunt, we had the kids open their eggs and put the candy in plastic bags. They then had a great time opening and closing their eggs. Even when we were at Grandma and Grandpa's and the other kids were opening their eggs and eating candy, Lissa and Joshua happily played with their eggs instead. We did let them have a little bit of candy at Grandma and Grandpa's - Joshua ate it up, but was fine with the little we gave him; Lissa wasn't interested. Man, I'm enjoying this stage for as long as possible. Yesterday, the guy at the pharmacy offered a sucker to the kids. I politely declined and explained that they don't know what suckers are and I plan to keep it that way for as long as I can :)
I'm impressed about the "not knowing" sugar - and the fact that they even had a little and didn't go nuts!!
ReplyDeleteThey are soooooooooooo cute!
ReplyDelete