Thursday, May 20, 2010

Opus 305 - Camping

We're having a family reunion this summer and I have to admit that I'm quite nervous about it. I'm not nervous about the company - I'm very excited to have the whole family together again. I'm nervous about the sleeping; or should I say lack of sleeping?

I just can't imagine my kids sleeping in a tent well. I have these images of us putting them in there for a nap and this is what happens*:



I know how very grumpy my kids are without good sleep. I'm really worried that they aren't going to nap and they won't go to sleep until we go to sleep with them AND they'll wake right up with the sun. By my calculations, that approximately 8-9 hours of sleep a day. Right now, they get about 13-14 hours of sleep. That's a lot of sleep lost! That's a lot of grumpy!

So there you have it, I'm worried sick about how this is all going to work. I know there are many, many people who take their two year olds camping regularly and things work out just fine. I just don't know anyone who takes (or has taken) their very active and energetic two year old twins camping regularly. I really don't know how all of this is going to go down. I think I'm going to need a lot of prayers :)


*Sorry about weird camera angle. Any time Joshua sees a camera he wants to see the picture immediately. He doesn't quite understand that you have to let you TAKE the picture/video first, so I have to hide the camera from him :)

1 comment:

  1. When we travel or go camping with Roni, we just have to wear her out--swimming usually does the trick. Also, she always sleeps poorly the first night, but because she is tired, she sleeps much better subsequent nights.

    You can always resort to Benadryl. The dose for a 30 lb 2 year old is up to 1 1/4 tsp. (When we have to give it to Roni for hives, 1/4 to 1/2 oz makes her tired)

    ReplyDelete

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter