So this means no marching band this summer! Yay! Once I figure out my junior high summer band schedule (only 3 hours a day for two weeks), I'm going to sign the kids up for swimming lessons. I've wanted to do this for a long time, but just haven't been able to find a class time that works with my crazy schedule and Jason's schedule (since we obviously have to take two people to a parent and tot swim class). I'm very excited for them!
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Opus 304 - My New Adventure
As most of you are aware, my teaching high school this year has been pretty hard on the kids (and me, for that matter.) The actual teaching has been great, but all of the extra stuff - pep band, marching band, festivals, etc. - have been really hard on all of us. So I have been watching for a junior high job to open up in our district. Lo and behold, one did open up (there are only six junior high schools), I applied for the job, and I got it. Although I will miss working with the high school kids, I'm excited to be returning to junior high. It really is the place to teach. SO MUCH LESS TO DO AT NIGHT! I've heard great things about the faculty I will be working with and I will get to teach the younger siblings of several of my current students, so I'm confident this will be a great place to teach. The opening for my current job just posted yesterday and I will be telling my students today. I'm sure there will be some sadness, but I know they will understand that I've got to do what is best for my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter
Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter
MyHeritage: Family trees - Genealogy - Celebrities - Collage - Morph![]()
That is a great new adventure! I'm happy for you. It is so hard to balance the act of concerts, festivals, teaching, and being mom to little ones. I sympathize with you and I hope that alleviate a lot of hard days! And yeah for no marching band - your kids will love swimming!
ReplyDeleteThat is GREAT news! Congratulations!
ReplyDelete