Thursday, September 11, 2008

Opus 43 - Seattle, Part 5

Monday was Seattle Day. It's the day we went to downtown Seattle to do some sightseeing. We had previously decided that we wanted to go to the top of the Space Needle. After learning that it's free to go up if you eat at the Sky City restaurant, we decided it was worth it to eat there. (Even though it's a more expensive restaurant, if you consider we were going to spend $30 to go to the top anyway, it works out to be a very decent price for the food - especially for lunch.) We thought the babies would do better if we let them get a good nap in the morning, so I did some laundry while they napped. We then headed out for our lunch at the Space Needle.

Our morning nap idea didn't work, but at least we tried. The restaurant was great, the view was spectacular, the food was wonderful, the babies weren't impressed :) I spent most of our time up there walking around with a baby (they took turns) and I had to stand up while eating what food I did manage to have time to eat. The restaurant rotates while you are up there and I'm very glad that we were able to do almost a complete rotation before the babies let us know they could take it no more. In reality, our babies were making no more noise than the table next to us, but we still felt it was time to go.

After going up one level and checking out the view from outside, we went downstairs and spent some time looking around the gift shop while the babies napped in their stroller. We then took the monorail to Pike Place Market and enjoyed walking around there. It's a neat open air market with fruit, fish (thank goodness it's open air!), veggies, flowers, and crafts. The babies were great on the train ride and did very well in the market. Jason and I enjoyed walking around and checking everything out.

I'm afraid that's all we did in Seattle. It would have been nice to do more, but we did have to feed the babies twice while we were there and that takes time. In addition, we didn't want to stay too late in order to avoid any meltdowns. I would really like to go back when the kids are older. I think there is a lot there that they would enjoy and we'd be able to do/see a lot more. I'm very glad we got to go up the Space Needle and see Pike Place Market - those were the two things I really wanted to do.

The babies did pretty well on the ride home and, once again, had a great night's sleep. And we had another relaxing evening :)


The Space Needle


The view from our table at lunch


Emily at Pike Place Market


The beautiful flowers at the market


Lissa & Joshua at the market

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter