Sunday, January 11, 2009

Opus 102 - Jeopardy!

Those of you who know me well know that I love Jeopardy!. I'm addicted, I'll admit it. But, as they say, I come by it honestly. My addiction to Jeopardy! began in the summer of 1993 in Phoenix, Arizona, when most of my family was living in my Grandma's house. Lissa and I were actually living with Aunt Ara and Uncle Gary, but we spent a good amount of time at Grandma's house. (After the school year began and Doug left on his mission, Lissa and I moved to Grandma's house as well.) Anyway, back to the story...

Grandma loved Jeopardy!. She REALLY loved Jeopardy!. As a matter of fact, when she was in the hospital just before she died Jeopardy! was playing on the TV and Grandma, despite the fact that she wasn't really conscious, was still able to answer the questions (or say the answers, to put it in Jeopardy!'s terms). During the time that we lived with her Grandma never missed an episode of Jeopardy!. Therefore, if you wanted to watch TV, you watched Jeopardy! with Grandma. I got hooked. I discovered that I love the show and have been an avid fan since that summer. Ken Jennings is one of my heroes, but that's another post :)

Naturally, I DVR Jeopardy! and watch it often. Lissa and Joshua have become familiar with the Jeopardy! tune and stop what they're doing to turn to the TV whenever they hear it. It's the cutest thing. Lissa has started dancing to the music as well. I'm so proud of my little Jeopardy!-ites in training :) They're just doomed to be hooked like their mommy!





*As a side note, I always love it when one of the clues is about BYU or the LDS Church. It happens from time to time and it's exciting. The other day the Final Jeopardy! clue was about BYU! I've never seen that before and I was so excited that I knew the answer/question! The catagory was Alma Mators and clue was something like, "Former Governor and Presidential hopeful, Mitt Romney graduated from this institution with the class of 1971." So easy!

1 comment:

  1. I like Jeopardy! too. I like to watch it while I'm feeding Autumn. I'm pretty bad at it, but I got a whole column of questions right today! sadly, I get so many wrong that though I enjoy watching, I'm going to have find a different path to fame and fortune :)

    ReplyDelete

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter