Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Opus 109 - I Guess It's Not That Bad

So after writing my last post, and watching (somewhat enviously) other parents in church take turns holding their energetic kids while our only option was trading energetic kids, I was humbly reminded that there actually are some advantages to having twins... (This one only applies if your twins are not the same size, like mine)

Joshua does not change diaper sizes based on how much he weighs or how big he is. The way we know it's time to change sizes is when the current size is no longer absorbing (in other words - he pees through his diaper several times in a row). We don't usually get much notice on this one. This weekend, after a few "episodes," it was decided that Joshua is now a size 4 baby. I still have a box and a half of size 3 diapers, so this could be a real pain for other parents, but not for me! :) Lissa is still in size 3 and will be for another while. It is very convenient that I don't have to worry about wasting diapers. It is also very convenient that Lissa does switch to a new size based on her weight and size, rather than absorbency. I can easily tell when it's almost time to switch her. Thanks kiddos!

I've been trying to think of other advantages to having twins:

*One hospital stay for me, two kids (although the high medical bills for the kids far outweigh this one I suppose)
*One pregnancy, two kids (my pregnancy wasn't that bad, all things considered)
*Eventually they will be great playmates and friends (once they learn to share and no longer consider each other obstacles to climb over, LOL)
*I am getting very strong from carrying two kids - one of which is VERY large for his age
*I'm getting great exercise climbing up and down the stairs (take Lissa down, go back up for Joshua, etc.)
*I am a very fast diaper changer
*I am a very fast food feeder - Joshua does NOT like to wait for Lissa to take a bite, he wants more now! :)
*I only had to do IVF once to get two kids

And my favorite...

*There's nothing like two adorable babies smiling/gigging at you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter