Friday, June 5, 2009

Opus 181 - Self Feeding

When I took the kids to their 15 month appointment the doctor said I should let the kids self feed more. I do let them feed themselves, but only the "clean" things like cereal and bread. Honestly, I'm not too thrilled about letting the kids feed themselves the messy stuff. The thought of cleaning up after TWO very messy babies doesn't sound all that fun to me. To make it more fun, the not so smart people who built this house put CARPET in the eating area. Genius, huh? I really don't want to be cleaning food out of the carpet after every meal. It's not that our carpet is in that great of shape - it's dead - but I'd still have to try to get the food out. (If I had the money, I'd replace the downstairs carpet with laminate wood - if I had even more money it'd be hardwood floors.) I can't imagine that I'm the only mother out there who doesn't relish the thought of cleaning two messy babies and the carpet beneath them...

3 comments:

  1. We have the same carpet issues- can't imagine times two! We did buy a mat that went under the highchair. It helps somewhat, even though they always manage to throw some just a little bit farther. I've even seen computer chair mats used the same way. Easy to wipe off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the same thing as Amy. We called it our 'splat mat' :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am fortunate enough to not have carpet, but those i do know have used mats as mentioned above. they help...they probably won't keep all food off the carpet, but stained carpet is part of life with young kids, I think. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter