Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Opus 201 - Happenings of Late

I've been trying to get out with the kids more. It's a bit of a challenge, but I think it's good for the kids (and their Mommy). On Saturday we went to Cabela's and checked out their fresh water aquarium and all of the animal displays. Joshua was much more interested in watching all of the people (he is such a people watcher!). We also got to sample some homemade ice cream that has made us crave it all week :) Sorry, no pics because I forgot the camera. Silly me.

On Sunday evening we went to a free concert in the park by Utah Premiere Brass. The weather was beautiful, the music great, and both kids seemed to enjoy listening to it. Naturally, they also enjoyed watching all of the people. Once again, I forgot the camera :)

Yesterday we attended the Barlow Family Reunion at a park in Orem. We enjoyed seeing many of the Barlow aunts, uncles, and cousins. We wish we could have spent more time enjoying everyone's company, but we ended spending most of our time chasing two 1 year olds. Joshua was determined to play in the parking lot. Lissa was determined to crawl any where. We're very glad that Matthew had the great idea to have a cousin game night tomorrow night after the kids go to bed. We're also very grateful that my friend Kate has agreed to hang out at our house while the kids sleep. It was during this BBQ in the park that I realized that a typical Camacho or Stevens family reunion (which usually involves camping) would have been a NIGHTMARE with two 1 year olds. I guess it's good the Camacho family reunion has been postponed! Don't even try to tell me it'll be just as hard with two 2 year olds - I'm trying to remain optimistic!

I did bring the camera to the Barlow BBQ, but since I was chasing kids, there are no pics. Fortunately Leslie is on top of things and has already posted pics on Facebook so I've copied a couple:

The Smith Family

The Siblings/Spouses with Grandma Eula

I'm going to be brave and try to take the kids to story time at the library tomorrow. Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter