Monday, August 25, 2008

Opus 36 - Six Month Check-up

The babies had their 6 month check up today. As usual, they are healthy, strong, and developing well. Joshua is now a whopping 17 pounds 3 ounces and 28 inches long. He is in the 50th percentile for both weight and height. He's going to outgrow his infant seat soon, oh no! :) Little Lissa is 13 pounds 7 ounces and 26 inches long. She is also in the 50th percentile in height (you go girl!), but is in the 5th percentile in weight :) Tall and skinny. It's just like the song I sing to her (to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot") - "I'm a little Lissa tall and skinny. Here is my mouth, here is my tonguie. When I get all hungry I will shout, just give me my bottle and I'll drink it all out." We're really proud of our babies and how hard they have worked to catch up to the other babies their age. They really are working hard - they nap, on average, 6-7 hours a day and sleep 11 hours at night. Being a growing baby is hard work!

I've included some cute pictures we've taken recently. Enjoy!

P.S. This is for the mothers of babies living in Utah who don't use formula - If you feel comfortable asking your doctor for samples of formula and giving it us, we'd really appreciate it! The babies can take the regular Similac Advance (in the blue can) and also do fine on the Similac Soy (red can). We're happily take all the help we can get - formula gets expensive for two :)



Lissa after a satisfying meal of rice cereal and green beans


Lissa says, "What? You have got to be kidding!!"


Joshua is determined to get that toy where he wants it!


The grass is always greener on the other side!
(Hey! You're toy is cooler than mine!)


Joshua says, "Hi Mom! Look at me eat my green beans!"


Joshua is such a good eater!


Isn't Lissa a cutie?


This is how Lissa felt about green beans at first. (Can't blame her!)


Lissa says, "You aren't going to get me to eat those! Ew!"


Joshua says, "Look Mom! I found my toes!"


Isn't Joshua a cutie?

2 comments:

  1. We're happy to hear they are doing good. It's always a relief to get a good report from the doctor. FYI...sorry we can't help you out with the formula situation, but maybe this will help a little. I found that the store brand formula from Sam's club or Costco is the exact same as the other formula (however, we used Enfamil with Aydon, so it may be different with Similac). The cost was so much lower than the brand, when Aydon was about 7 months, we started using that. It might be worth it to check it out. (We would have started sooner, but didn't discover it until Aydon was 7 months)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i probably have more free samples of similac than we'll ever use with gabrielle. i'd be happy to give you some.

    ReplyDelete

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter