Monday, August 4, 2008

Opus 24 - Joshua and His Tummy

So Joshua has decided that he is a tummy sleeper. He first rolled from his back to his tummy on July 30th and perfected on July 31st (a present for my Dad). Ever since that night, as soon as we put him in his crib on his back he quickly rolls over to his tummy. I know that the chances of SIDS reduces drastically when the baby can roll over, but it still makes me a little nervous that he sleeps on his tummy... especially since he can't roll from his tummy to his back yet. Now it's time for everyone to write in with stories about their kids that were back to tummy rollers first who liked to sleep on their tummies and how everything turned out fine and that I don't need to worry (which I realize is the case, but still)...




3 comments:

  1. Annie sleeps on her tummy, well her knees actually with her bum high in the sky. And she's been on her tummy for a long time. There was nothing I could do about it, I always put her on her back to sleep. She just always rolls immediately over.

    Ellie often slept on her tummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALl three of my kids were tummy sleepers from pretty early on. Once they figured out how to get there, they slept better and longer. Which is something that a tired mom can definitely appreciate! Joshua will be fine and I'm sure Lissa will follow suit shortly. And maybe it will translate into a few extra minutes of Z's for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just as you predicted! Everyone writing to tell you it will be fine :).
    No exceptions here. All three of my girls slept on their tummies as soon as they could get there with no problems.

    ReplyDelete

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter