My friend Sarah shared this on Facebook* and thought I'd share it here. I found it very funny - it really hit home for me!
A few weeks ago Peter Segal, the host of NPR's "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me" said this quote during his show. I think the little interjection was Tom Bodett. It could have been PJ O'Rourke, I'm not sure.
They were just talking about a law change somewhere in Europe that allows elementary music teachers to wear ear plugs because of the potential damaging decibel levels in the class. One of the last comments was:
"An elementary school music teacher is someone who loves music, who has devoted their life to it [and hears it ruined all day long]. . .It's like an animal lover who works in a slaughter house."
This quote was from the Jan 25, 2009 show.
*If you're not on Facebook yet, what's keeping ya? :) It's great! Come on... everyone else is doing it... LOL! In all seriousness though, I could do a whole post on why I love Facebook - it's a great way to reconnect and stay connected with friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment