Saturday, April 25, 2009

Opus 153 - Moving, Moving, Moving


Joshua is so close to walking. He walks all over with his little push walker and hardly holds on to it. He has also become expert at turning the walker around when he hits a wall. I think he's just afraid to completely let go and do it on his on (very understandable).

Part of me really wants him to walk - it would be so much better on my back and arms. The kid is huge. But, there's another part of me that would like him to hold off for a little while. It's not because I want him to stay a baby forever or because I know everything will change (as far as what he can get to) when he's walking. No, it's because of Lissa. During the months that Joshua was crawling and Lissa wasn't, there was a lot of frustration on the part of Lissa which caused quite the drama. Who can blame her? Her brother was getting around and she was stuck right where she was! I just know that we'll have a similar problem when Joshua starts walking and Lissa isn't doing it yet.

So, my buddy Joshie, I know you'll start walking whenever you're ready but I wouldn't mind if you held off a little while... or maybe you could help your "little" sis out :)

BTW, Lissa is starting to stand unassisted for a few seconds at a time. Joshua started that just a few weeks ago, so maybe she won't take as long to walk as she did to crawl?? I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter