Poor little Joshua is sick! This is the first time he's been sick :( He's been really stuffy the last week and his temperature was up a little yesterday (99.5), so I gave him some Tylenol and put a humidifier in the nursery. After two hours his temperature had gone up to 100.9 - not good with Tylenol, who knows how high it would've been without it? I called the doctor and they had me take him in. His temperature was 100.9 when the nurse took it, but was up to 101.2 by the time the doctor took it. Poor kiddo. I knew he was really miserable when he only ate 23 1/2 ounces all day (he usually eats 35-40). He was also crying and being fussy... Joshua is never like that, he's a very laid back kid. The doctor thinks he probably has a cold.
Never fear - his temperature is now down and he's acting much happier. He is still stuffy, but it seems to be a little better. I'm sure he'll be back to his usual self by the end of the day.
I think sick kids is one of the worst things about being a parent!! You never know what to do and usually do too much or too little! Congrats on getting past the first sickness!
ReplyDeleteJennie