I have the greatest swaddle blankets - Kiddopatumus. They're so wonderful! My kids won't fall asleep unless they're swaddled, but they are movers and kickers so having a good blanket is a must. However, Joshua has now decided that he needs to be swaddled when he is put down, but he must be able to get his arms out within ten minutes in order to sleep. I guess the working to get his arms out wears him out and he falls asleep quickly after succeeding. You have to be careful though - if you swaddle him too tight he 'll get frustrated that he can't get out. If you swaddle him too loose, he'll get out too quickly and struggle to fall asleep. It's an art I've learned over the past few weeks.
**BTW - Joshua rolled over today! He rolled from his back to his tummy. He caught me completely off guard - I had put him on his blanket while I went to the kitchen to get bottles, when I came back he was on his tummy! I wasn't able to see if he'd do it again and try to get it on video since he and Lissa were letting me know that they were hungry. Maybe another time :)
We LOVE our swaddlemes. Annie has long since stopped using them, but they are lifesafers for the first several months.
ReplyDelete