1. I’m the third of six children
2. I have three brothers and two sisters
3. I grew up in the Air Force
4. I have lived in five states – two of them twice
5. I have been to all but seven States
6. I will take one of those States (Washington) off the list in a month
7. I was born in Hawaii
8. I’ve traveled to eight countries – Canada, Mexico, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, and Russia
9. I’m the proud mother of boy/girl twins
10. It took almost 3 years to get pregnant with my twins
11. I did in vitro fertilization in order to get pregnant
12. We put in two embryos and got two babies!
13. My first fertility doctor told me I could never get pregnant and to give up
14. We obviously got a second opinion at the University of Utah
15. I only gained 23 pounds during my twin pregnancy
16. I lost 33 pounds once the babies were born
17. I gained 42 pounds trying to get pregnant, so I have a few more to go
18. I HATE dieting
19. My babies were born two months early, so I spent five weeks going to the NICU several times a day
20. I graduated from BYU with a Bachelors degree in Music Education
21. I graduated from BYU with a Masters Degree in Music Education
22. I have no desire to get a Doctorate
23. I named my daughter after my younger sister
24. My grandmother’s first daughter (my mother) was born when she was 29; my mother’s first daughter (me) was born when she was 30; my first daughter was born when I was 31
25. We hope to stop that trend soon
26. I was “old” when I got married – almost 28
27. I met my husband online
28. I taught high school band for two years
29. I taught middle school band for five years
30. I taught junior high school band for one year
31. I have written many marching band shows for other schools
32. I teach private music lessons
33. I’m a proud BYU Football season ticket holder
34. I was in BYU’s marching band for five years
35. The last year I was a Field Teaching Assistant
36. I was in BYU’s pep band for seven years
37. I have been to five BYU Football Bowl games
38. I was once named the local Wal-mart Teacher of the Year
39. I know how to take care of twins hooked to oxygen and monitors
40. I’m really good at untangling the cords to the oxygen and monitors
41. I love to cook
42. I can play the piano, organ, and all of the band instruments
43. I’m not very good at the oboe and bassoon
44. I can play a mean “Twinkle, Twinkle” on the violin, viola, cello, and bass
45. It terrifies my to perform in public unless I’m in a large group
46. I do it despite that fear
47. I like accompanying the most because then I can get past my fear by thinking about how to best help the performer
48. I like to switch between alto, tenor, and bass when I sing hymns
49. I started to learn the piano when I was five
50. I was a drum major in my high school band
51. I can carry two babies in their infant seats, two monitors, two travel size oxygen tanks, and a diaper bag at the same time
52. I didn’t learn to whistle until I was in college
53. I own a scooter
54. My favorite TV show is Jeopardy!
55. Ken Jennings is one of my heroes
56. I LOVE strawberries
57. The best strawberries I have ever eaten were purchased at a farmers’ market in Boston for $2/flat
58. I have a cat named Sage
59. I have 21 nieces and nephews and one more on the way (should be here VERY soon)
60. I’m a night person
61. I was a morning person during the 8 years I taught school (you have to be)
62. I’m a big supporter of public schools (shocker)
63. I own twelve musical instruments, fourteen if you include the recorders J
64. I don’t like most vegetables
65. Yet I’m still a very healthy person, go figure
66. I love to swim
67. I married an Army “brat”
68. I performed in a circus when I was younger
69. I was on the swim team in middle school
70. I played tennis in high school
71. I was on a gymnastics team in middle school
72. I played t-ball and soccer when I was a kid
73. I took ballet classes when I was a kid
74. I took piano lessons for 13 years
75. I taught piano lessons when I was in high school
76. I love to travel
77. I love to watch Jon & Kate Plus 8
78. I enjoy living in a place with all four seasons
79. I’m good at fixing things around the house
80. I wear contacts
81. I love Sudoku
82. I have never worked in a fast-food restaurant
83. I was a secretary in college
84. I like to make up silly new words to songs
85. I have a 30 gig IPod that’s almost full, I really need an 80 gig one
86. I’m very allergic to dogs
87. I have asthma
88. It took fourteen months for the doctors to diagnose the asthma
89. I didn’t sleep much during those fourteen months – I slept more when the twins came home
90. I watch “Music and the Spoken Word” every Sunday
91. I like a clean house
92. I type very fast
93. I actually enjoy teenagers, well, mostly the musical ones J
94. I like to watch the half-time show at football games
95. Although those who know me well may not believe this, I’m actually pretty shy until I get to know people
96. I started college as a Math major
97. I switched to music during the first semester
98. I’m a germaphobic
99. I drove from Indiana to Arizona when I was 16
100. I hate being hot
Wow! You must be a new mom. I think I've pretty much lost my own identity at this point. I don't know if I could come up with 100 things!! It's fun to get to know you a little more. Glad your babies are both wireless now!!
ReplyDeleteJennie
I love these. It was fun learning more about you!
ReplyDeleteI know something else you didn't add...you were a Girl Scout!! :) Did you know that the only reason I stayed in the Girl Scouts was because of you? Take it as a good thing!! Also, you say you like a clean house? How's that working out for you now that the twins are here? :) ha ha!!
ReplyDelete