Monday, July 7, 2008

Opus 4 - The 4th of July


We decided to go watch the fireworks at Nicole's house on the 4th. Joshua had been feeling better all day, so we figured he'd be okay with it. As it turns out, he and Lissa actually watched the fireworks. We kind of expected them to sleep through everything, or at least be clueless to what was going on. But they surprised us by paying attention to the lights and colors. The next night we went to the street in our neighborhood to watch the 4th Annual Sidewalk of Fire - hosted by our Bishop and one of his Counselors. Everyone brought fireworks and dessert to share. We enjoyed eating dessert while several men from our Ward lit the fireworks. Sarah Gilliland was visiting and came along. Her comment on the crowd: "There were A LOT of kids!" Welcome to a Utah Ward Sarah! The Petersons and Stemmons put on a great show!

3 comments:

  1. Yipee! I'm so glad you guys have a blog - now I can feel really 'in touch.' I liked seeing a picture of you pregnant too - so cute!!

    You guys are a cute family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. +they are both so adorable. I love the "who does Josh look more like and who does Lissa look more like?"

    I'm glad you started a blog. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emily! I found you somehow...don't know how but here I am! Your family is so cute! Happy to see you have a blog so we can keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter