Monday, September 6, 2010

Opus 368 - Random Funnies

We interrupt our regularly scheduled Blog Diary to bring you some funnies from the kids:

We were trying to get the DVD player working (long story) so Joshua could watch a little bit of Cars. Joshua decided we didn't know what we were doing so he found his toy remote, pointed it to the TV, and said, "Joshua do it." We got it working right at that moment. Joshua was quite proud of himself - he was positive that he got things working.

Lissa said to me this evening, "Mommy no go school tomorrow."
I replied, "But if I don't go to school tomorrow, we won't have any money to buy you cute clothes."
Lissa immediately says, "Mommy go to school tomorrow."

I took Lissa clothes shopping with me today. It was fun Mommy/Daughter time. Lissa had a blast telling me all about the clothes she liked - "I like this one Mommy." "This one is too small. It's for babies." and naming all of the colors she saw. She also helped to make sure all of the hangers in the hoodie section of JC Penney are color coordinated. I'm sure they were grateful. Lissa helped pick out Joshua's clothes too. I'd show her a couple of options and she would decide which one was the best for her brother. "Not that one, I like that one." It was cute. I was very happy that we spent very little money and were able to get the kids all set for fall and winter - outerwear and all for less than $100! That's pretty good considering we have 8 outfits, one light jacket, one warm jacket, one hoodie, one hat, and one pair of gloves per kid. Oh, and two pair of PJ's per kid.

While Lissa and I were driving in the car this afternoon she made sure we only listened to the Princess songs and skipped all of the Cars songs. I guess she's getting tired of Joshua always asking for Cars songs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter