Monday, September 27, 2010

Opus 390 - Bedtime fun

The kids have been having quite a bit of fun as they fall asleep each night. It doesn't usually bother me (no gets hurt since they're in their cribs and I'm glad they're having fun), but after awhile we usually go up and lay them back down, encouraging them to go to sleep. A few nights ago I went up there and reminded them it was time to sleep, "No more talking kiddos, it's time to sleep." Joshua replied, "Okay Mama, we'll try." He'd never said he was going to "try" to sleep before so I found it quite humorous.

The next night, they were doing the same thing so I again reminded them to stop talking and go to sleep to which Joshua replied, "Okay Mama, I'll try." I responded, "Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." Joshua replied, "Okay Mama, I'll do it."

I'd like to say that the Yoda wisdom worked, but they didn't quiet down immediately - it took them another 5-10 minutes :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the fact that he understood the change in the verb! So cute.

    ReplyDelete

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter