A Dream for the Future
I have lots of future dreams. My current biggest dream is doing IVF again. There is a program at the U of U that sponsors IVF for people who can't afford it (you have to make under a certain amount annually). We called and asked about the program and were told that we had to first have an IVF consult with our doctor at the U of U and then he had to recommend us before we could apply. So at the end of May we spent the $400 for the consult.* Our doctor thinks we're great candidates for another round of IVF** so he highly recommended us. A couple of months later we got a call from the program and said we were denied the opportunity to apply due to medical reasons. I was really confused and tried to ask questions, but she couldn't tell me any more than that. I sent a letter to our doctor and we just received a call from him telling us that he really thinks we're good candidates and he talked to the dean of program about us applying. He said that we will be able the apply. I'm very happy about this. It doesn't mean we'll be accepted, but at least we are going to have the possibility. At least we get to try. I won't deny, I'll be really sad if we aren't accepted. We just can't afford the $12,000-$14,000 for IVF right now and I don't see us being able to afford it any time soon. I'm not old, but I'm not getting any younger either. We only have so many years before we just can't do it anymore. I'd really like to have more children and I hope and pray that we can find a way to do it. I really hope that those people who can get pregnant without so many doctors and so much money appreciate it because there are so many of us that would do anything for that. I just have to hang on to the hope that we'll be accepted by this incredibly generous program.
*Does anyone else see the irony in this? If someone qualifies financially for the program, they probably can't come up with the $400 for an appointment very easily.
**I'm actually better off than I was when we did IVF over three years ago. The doctor was baffled because it's not supposed to be medically possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment