The kids are getting really good at counting. When I say counting, I don't just mean reciting the numbers, I mean counting objects. They do pretty good as long as there are 10 or fewer objects. Lissa and I were counting feet today. We counted how many feet Mommy, Lissa, Joshua, Daddy, and all of the Princesses have. Several minutes after we had finished, Lissa came running into the kitchen holding her toy train, aka Thomas. "Mommy, Thomas has no foots! He has wheels!"
Lissa is also getting quite good at making sure everything in her outfit matches. Every school night I pick out the kids' clothes for the next day then Lissa helps me find a matching hair bow. The other day, she was wearing blue jeans and a gray BYU shirt that had some blue and white on it. I handed Lissa some white socks. She put them up to her jeans and said, "No match. I need blue socks." Once I pointed out that she had white in her shirt she was okay with the white socks.
We were able to take the kids to a couple of sporting events last weekend. We first took them to a Provo high football game. The team didn't do so well, but Lissa and Joshua had a good time. They especially liked the band. They keep talking about how they saw the band and drums (they haven't quite figured out that the drums are part of the band). Joshua was doing some serious grooving every time the band played. After their halftime show, Lissa was quite upset that they were finished, "No done! More band!" I was so proud!
We also took the kids to a BYU Women's Soccer match. This game had a much more favorable outcome. It's so fun to watch Joshua when we are at events with large crowds. He totally gets all of the social cues. He claps when everyone else claps, laughs with them, ... everything. It's hilarious.
No comments:
Post a Comment