Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Opus 384 - Day 25

Your Day in Great Detail

Oh, I'm sure this will be very interesting. Let's describe last Wednesday (and I hope I can remember everything).

5:30 am - Wake up
6:15 am - Leave for school
6:35 am - Arrive at school, start prepping for my classes
7:00 am - Teach Jazz Band
8:00 am - Start the "regular" school day with Brass Class
8:45 am - Forget that's it's collaboration day when the bell rings and I we haven't even put our instruments away yet. Oops.
8:50 am - Teach Percussion Class
9:40am - Teach Woodwinds Class
10:30 am - Teach Concert Band
11:20 am - Teach Symphonic Band
12:00 pm - Enter grades/attendance, get Theory work ready for Thursday, copy the oboe part from a score so the oboes have something to play while we wait for the replacement parts to come in, get the playing test rubrics ready, make labels with all of my students names on them so they each have folders to put their playing test sheets in (to be used for student led conferences), fill out a grant application so we can get some SmartMusic labs set up.
2:05 pm - Collaborate with the 7th grade teachers
3:15 pm - Finish collaboration, talk to a couple of teachers about a couple of students, get my stuff from my classroom and drive to the music store.
3:45 pm - Drop off a saxophone for repair at the music store, try to figure out what is going on with the trumpet we ordered
4:15 pm - Leave the music store, stop by grocery store to pick up a few things (including some ice cream)
4:45 pm - Arrive home
4:45 pm - Start rice for dinner, set the table, do some dishes
5:15 pm - Eat dinner
5:45 pm - Clean up dinner dishes, etc. (with Jason's help)
6:00 pm - Go to the park with Jason and the kids (while there Jason asks me if I put the ice cream in the freezer - I answer that I did)
7:20 pm - Finally leave the park
7:30 pm - Arrive home, brush the kids' teeth, help the kids' clean up their toys, get their PJ's on, read books, say prayers, put them to bed (all of this was done with Jason)
8:00 pm - Peace and Quiet! Jason leaves to drop off some books at the library. He opens the car door and discovers the ice cream I had purchased. Fortunately it was still in the containers, just very melted. I can't remember exactly what I did at this time, but I probably watched an episode of House Hunters, ate some ice cream (not the melted ice cream - Jason bought more when he went out), and fell asleep relatively early. I would guess it was around 9:30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lissa Smith Look-alike Meter

Joshua Smith Look-alike Meter