A Hobby of Mine
Okay, this is sad, but I don't really have any hobbies any more. I used to enjoy reading, and I still do, but I can only do that during the summer. Once I start a book, I can't put it down. That means no sleep, but I can't do that when I'm teaching. I also used to scrapbook, but I haven't been able to find time since the kids were born. Obviously I blog. I plan to print my blog out using one of those companies that makes it a nice hardbound book so it'll kind of replace scrapbooking. I love watching BYU football. I've had season tickets since I graduated from college (naturally I went to all of the games during college since I was in the band). Oh, I thought of something! I love Sudoku. I got hooked when I was pregnant. That was the year our school changed from a 6th-7th grade middle school to a 7th-9th grade junior high. The music programs were hit hard so my class load went down. As a result, I had to "teach" to study halls. Boring! I couldn't work on my computer because it was in my office and I needed to be out where I could keep an eye on the kids. I would do as much as I could without my computer, then I'd practically bed the kids to ask me for help on their homework. They rarely did so I decided to try out Sudoku. My logical brain was hooked from puzzle #1 (I started college as a math major - I love logical things like that). The Christmas before the kids were born Jason gave me a Sudoku desk calendar. I still have the one from the day the kids were born on our fridge.
No comments:
Post a Comment